Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Things that go bump in the night

Hi! I'm guesting for Rebecca today!

Ghosts.

I'm convinced they do exist (well exist might be too literal a word). They occupy space with us and there have been too many instances in my own life to think otherwise.

One in particular didn't exactly freak me out. It was more of an annoyance. I was asleep when something awoke me in the dead of night. Whispers, and a lot of them. You know the kind where you can't really figure out what they're saying but you know there is something in the room with you that your imagination didn't manufacture? I listened for awhile but nothing came of it. I figured they must have been having a spectral "layover" in my house then continued on when they figured it out.

Still, I'm like if you're going to wake me up, at least impart some words of wisdom or at least winning lottery numbers to make it worthwhile.

This is also kinda weird. Two years ago, the hubs and I took my brother to Disney World at Christmas time. We took a string of pictures of the castle at night and only one of those photos contained "orbs". I had a ghost hunter look at the picture and he confirmed that yes, they were ghosts.

Isn't that nice? Even when people die they still flock to their happy place? Sounds good to me. I wonder how many of them actually hang out at the Haunted Mansion and blend right in?

Ghosts are interesting and I use them alot in my own stories. If you're interested in checking it out, pop over to my website and check out my books http://www.sandrasookoo.com

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I've never had an encounter with a ghost per se, but I do believe in spiritual beings. Whether they guide or inhibit you, their existance has been proven in my life over and over again. In fact, I think the most recent occurence I can think of happened about a month ago. I was on my way home from the grocery store and it started raining so hard I had to slow down to 25MPH on a 55MPH road and could only knew there was oncoming traffic by headlights. I was just about to make a turn onto my road when I hesitated because something inside my head whispered wait. So I did, and I'll be forever grateful to that little whisper because if I hadn't, a black car doing the regular speedlimit came barrelling out of the gloom without his headlights on. If I had turned when I wanted to, the car would have hit the passenger side of my vehicle and slammed right into the door my son was seated next to. I do believe in angels or guiding spirits. That, I can't deny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandi
    Thanks so much for doing this today. WOW. You've really had encounters. I haven't had Ghost issues but like Teir, I've had what I'm convinced is stuff with spiritual guides.

    Thanks for Something Freaky Friday, Sandi. You gave me the shivers!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete