Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

We're Snowed In

Hello everyone!! Welcome to Day #2 of my being stuck in the house. Well, not just me...it also includes my husband, my mother-in-law, and my 3 children (boys) under 6 years of age. I know we are lucky and blessed. We have power and food and HEAT.

But I can't help but feel a little bit of disappointment as my two older boys were supposed to take a ski lesson today, their first, which would have been great along with my husband (who was raised in Louisiana) and was going to embrace our winter sport!

The problem is not so much the older two. They can amuse each other with their new Christmas toys, we will take them outside sledding once we get moving. But the baby gets stir crazy (he is 15 months old and while he is cruising has not taken the first 'real' steps yet...neither did his oldest brother until he was about this age.) and it becomes really, really difficult to be stuck in the house with him without even the ability to go to to the grocery store or to visit my mom.

As we were stuck indoors yesterday with him, this will be day 2 o Rebecca Takes On The Entertainment Of The Baby Adventure.

All of this is compounded by the fact that my muse has come to play and would like to really be non-stop writing my Work In Progress.

But what am I going to do? We have almost 2 feet of snow and that doesn't count the drifts, which continue. We had hurricane force winds last night and although they came twice with snow plows the road and our driveway don't look like they've been worked on at all.

Hope wherever you are you are warm and snug and entertained!

Best
RR

No comments:

Post a Comment