Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting Lost--40 Minutes From Home

This past weekend, Ralph and I attended a wedding that took place about 40 minutes from home. It was fun. The bride and groom are so in love and a good time was had by all. But, arriving at the reception after the wedding was a bit of a challenge for us. We got lost. And even with the help of our GPS we drove around for a good long while before we found where we were supposed to be. The kicker? I was only 40 minutes from home. It might as well have been days!

I don't like being lost. I don't like not knowing where I'm going--either in life or in my writing. I don't like not knowing what is going to come next. And yet? It was kind of fun, after the fact. We got to, as my husband pointed out, drive around an area of the country where we don't spend time. I think its good my hubby can stay cool when we are lost as my hands start sweating.

In the midst of getting lost, I had a new plot bunny hatch. So, something good really came out of it. Has anything good ever happened to any of you because you got lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment