Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Managing My Expectations


This is a picture of me with two of my children. We took it in Florida when I last visited my parents there.  My third son had awoken from a nap and was feeling really cranky. He wouldn't get in the shot so he's not there with us.  But he's cute and kind of a smaller version of his brothers.

There has been a lot going on in my life recently.  A ton, actually.  And its nice for me to look back at that picture and remember a quieter, peaceful time.  Funny to think it was only a month ago and it already feels so far away from where I am now.

If you haven't heard from somewhere on Social Media or my shouting it from the roof, my family has decided, for a number of reasons, to make a large move in the next three months.  We're going from our home in New Jersey to a new home in Austin, Texas.  For my husband, who lived in Austin for a while, this is really exciting.  I've visited Austin four times now.  Its beautiful and I love it there.  And I am terrified. And excited. And terrified.  And excited.  You get the gist.

I have to find a way to manage my expectations. I have to find a way be fine with the large variance of emotions that I am experiencing on a day-to-day basis.  I have to give myself a break and tell myself its okay if my word counts are down on because I am so stressed.  I need to sell my house up here. I need to find another one. I need to....

But I don't know if I'm really built for managing expectations. I tend to be a person who feels things very acutely and out loud.

Except these days I am the mother of 3 little boys.  That means I never let them see me sweat (or as little as possible.)

So I'll just share with all of you.  How does that sound??


3 comments:

  1. Hugs, Rebecca! You'll make it through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very difficult to read. The words blend in the with the background :(

    ReplyDelete